The FCR provides a unique level of capability outside of the US and is designed for modelling sizeable computer networks and cyber scenarios requiring a large test environment background that includes a complete network with Internet services and protocols. A highly flexible facility, the FCR uses a mixture of emulation and physical to achieve the most realistic background test environment.
Examples of FCR use include:
- Development/proof of concept testing for cyber tools, countermeasures and techniques
- Modelling of larger scale cyber and non-cyber scenarios
- Assess effectiveness of proposed/existing network security architectures and associated components
- De-risking of architecture/component roll-out and transitions
- Test and improvement of computer system security procedures/policies
- Training and cyber exercises, including adversarial/war gaming